Due to the uncertain weather forecast for Friday evening, the MAHS Graduation Ceremony is relocated to the MAHS Gym. Please carefully read this weather plan with you so that you and your family can make appropriate plans.
MAHS Gymnasium (Rain – Weather Plan)
Download this information here.
- The decision to hold the graduation ceremony in the Football Stadium or in the Gym will be made no later than 3:00 tomorrow, Friday May 20, 2016
- Notification will be sent via phone using listed numbers in our Callout System and via email using addresses in the Infinite Campus system
- We will be unable to notify those who are not correctly listed in either of these systems.
- The gym bleachers hold 1500 people.
- Each Graduate received 6 tickets during practice today.
- Only those visitors with a ticket will be allowed in the Gym. (Children under 3 years of age will not need a ticket.)
- Seating (GYM)
- Seating is on a first come - first serve basis.
- There will be no saving of seats in the gym after 5:15.
- Visitors are asked to move to the center of the bleachers so that we can accommodate everyone holding a ticket.
- The Handicapped seating area is on the top level of the gym. Those who are handicapped, or for other reasons cannot walk down the bleacher steps, may sit in this area. One other person is allowed to accompany and sit with those requiring assistance.
- Handicap visitors and the person with them must have a ticket.
- All entrances into the Gym will be closed at 5:50. No one will be allowed to enter the gym after 5:50. This will allow the ceremony to begin on time and without disruption.
- Seating (Closed Circuit Rooms)
- All visitors without tickets are invited to watch the graduation ceremony on a closed circuit TV in the auditorium, the cafeteria, and in select classrooms. This is a live broadcast projected on a screen. The closed circuit accommodations can seat approximately 1200 people.
- Visitors may enter a CCTV room at any time during the ceremony.
- Visitors in the Gym will use the restrooms on the main level nearest the Concession Stand. No one will be allowed to use the restrooms located on the GYM floor level.
- Visitors located in the CCTV rooms may use the restrooms nearest the auditorium or on the main hall between the Purple and Green Halls.
- Parking and Drop Off
- Parking spaces are located at MAHS, MES, and at the BOE.
- A designated handicap parking lot will be available in the front of the school (left parking lot as you face the front entrance). Official Handicap Parking spots (Blue signs) are in various places around the building.
- The drop off area for all visitors is located in the front parking lot on the right ride of the main entrance. Visitor Parking is not allowed in this lot.
- A designated handicap drop off area will be available in the front of the school (left parking lot as you face the front entrance).
- Golf carts will not be available due to the weather.
- Entering the Building
- The MAHS front main entrance will be the only entrance used to enter the graduation ceremony. All other entrances will be locked.
- As you enter the building, visitors will be divided into two lines, one with tickets and one without tickets. You will be asked to follow the line in to the gym or in to a CCTV room.
- Additional exit doors will be available at the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Food and drink (other than water) are not allowed in the gym during the graduation ceremony.
- No one will be allowed on the gym floor prior to or during the ceremony.
- No one will be allowed to sit or stand on the bleacher stairs at any time.
- Everyone must be seated in the bleachers (no standing) or in the handicap section.
- During the ceremony pictures can be taken from the bleacher seats only.
- Standing along the top level of the gym is not allowed.
Download this information here.
Please see Daily Announcements under School Info. for a complete listing of announcements.
All student iPads will be collected Thursday, May 19. Please have your device charged and ready to return at that time.
Please see this document for complete information about May 2016 Final Exam Checkout Procedures.
May 2016 Intersession
Students will have the opportunity for additional time in courses (academic and elective) with a semester grade 65-69 on May 25-26. The remediation material will be prescribed by the student’s teacher. Students may complete a maximum of 2 courses during Intersession. Transportation is NOT provided. Students will not be permitted to check out or check in, but will be allowed to leave once they have completed remediation material. To participate, students must return a completed registration form (signed by teachers and a guardian) to the front office by 3pm on Wednesday, May 18. Download the form here.
If you are interested in Summer Credit Recovery and/or WCSD Summer School, please see information on this form.
Opportunity for parent review and input on our Title I program:
Click here to visit the district website
MAHS Calendar of Events
With the assurance of a structured, respectful, and safe environment for learning, the mission of Monroe Area High School is to challenge and prepare students to pursue educational and career opportunities, personal discovery, and responsible citizenship.